n. (1) the act of assessing something to be worthless. (2) a cute name for a pretentious, sarcastic young woman's tumblr.
This blog largely contains history, fashion, Doctor Who, and the historical fashions on Doctor Who.
I write Doctor Who fanfiction. Quite a bit of it, on a good day.
Here are my cute and funny tags, if you're having a bad day.
Hypothetically, I am a comic artist, seamstress, writer, and animator; but mostly I sit about drinking tea, wearing petticoats, and watching Doctor Who.
I said I wouldn't get a tumblr. Shows what I know.
For djrocca87, who wanted a Peri mix. I got very specific.
My Heart Flies: A mix for Peri after the Doctor.
Whether she's Perpugilliam or Queen Gilliam,
no matter what timeline or reality she lives on in,
and even if she seems to have gotten past some
of the things that happened, Peri never really
got over the Doctor.
Cosmic Love (Acoustic)-Florence + the Machine
Yellow Moon-Barnaby Bright
The Nightingale-Julee Cruise
It Must Have Been Love-Roxette
Set Free-Katie Gray
Love is All Around-Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
I’ll Be Here Where the Heart Is-Kim Carnes
ok do you see this Legendary Epic woman right here? this is wendy fucking carlos and i’m going to describe to you why wendy carlos is 30 thousand times better than you
- she is a 74 year old trans fucking woman. she remembers having dysphoria at age five and started hrt in 1968. you think transitioning is difficult now? try doing it in 1968. the thought scares the shit out of me.
- her first album, switched on bach, is a literal hour of her playing bach’s music on synthesizers. that’s classical edm. edm wouldn’t exist if she hadn’t brought synthesizers to prominence. the catch? synthesizers in 1968 were monophonic. that means you can only play one note at a time. wendy carlos sat there and played each instrument’s piece of bachs music at least 6 times per symphony, painstakingly overdubbing and rerecording each line, one at a time.
- oh yeah, switched on bach was the first classical album to sell more than 500k copies and she won 3 grammies and stayed on the billboard #1 pop charts for 17 weeks.
- you know tron? that really awesome movie whose sequel daft punk made the ost for? wendy is the original daft punk. tron’s soundtrack was all her; not only that, but so was a clockwork orange and the shining.
- in 1998 this piece of shit momus (aka nick currie on wired) made a song mocking wendy’s sexual orientation. $50k of currie’ money later, she forced him to remove that song from his entire collection, have the master destroyed, and his music career fucking died after that.
figured i’d post this since daft punk keep getting a lot of love. i love daft punk, but they owe their lives to this fucking badass.
the bach music she played on synthesisers was for the movie “a clockwork orange”, and without her music one of the greatest movies of all time (in my opinion) would’ve been really bad
also she was A TRANS WOMAN IN 1968 for fucks sake
she was awesome as fuck.
“That seems sort of harmless but then it kind of gets a little darker and sort of accuses these young pop artists of being part of this cycle where girls read magazines, feel terrible about themselves ‘cause its says “you should be skinnier, you should be prettier”. They feel terrible, and then these pop stars tell them that they’re perfect and that they’re beautiful and they buy the songs and then the popstar’s on the cover of the magazine so they buy a magazine again and it’s sort of this vicious cycle and I sort of implied he’s working for Satan or whatever.
"I sort of implied he’s working for Satan or whatever"
the song’s Repeat Stuff
wait, who is this guy again?
Bo Burnhum. Which I only know because it’s mentioned in “We Think We Know You”.
Title: I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You
Artist: Kate Nash
i’m not gonna teach your boyfriend how to dance with you // kate nash
you are the girl that i’ve been dreaming of
ever since i was a little girl
Title: Everybody Wants To Rule The World (Cover)
Artist: Scott Bradlee
Everybody Wants To Rule The World (1912 Cover) | Bioshock Infinite OST
1/23 older »